I have a lot of new blogs have started, but I haven’t finished them. I now know why.
This is the blog I am suppose to be writing. It came to me in the shower, so here it goes.
I spend a lot of time telling people that it doesn’t matter what you look like, you are beautiful and you need to believe.
While this is true, I don’t believe it of myself.
It is a lot easier to tell people to see the beauty in themselves than to do it yourself. It is easier to believe in others than yourself. It is easier to see the beauty in others, than to see it in yourself.
I am sure I am not the only one feeling this way. So here is my idea. We will work on this together. I am going to work on everything I suggest you to do, to make yourself confident, to see your inner beauty, and your outer beauty.
These are just a few ideas I have. I really do want to hear more from you, on what you do. I am by no means an expert.
- Wear things that make you feel pretty/sexy/beautiful.
- Don’t worry about wearing what makes you feel that way. Don’t worry about what others think of you. It is what you think of you. If wearing a baggy t-shirt and jeans makes you feel good, good for you! If you rather wear a tight dress that shows of your curves, more power to you.
- Embrace who you are.
- Don’t wear what I call “old lady clothes” because you feel you have to. What I mean by “old lady clothes” is the clothes that we are expected to wear, but are not us. Wear what you like. If you feel more punk rock, wear punk rock. I have struggled with this a lot. I am working on getting rid of my “old lady clothes.”
- I am dying the ends of my hair bright pink this week. I am taking baby steps. It is always good to start small and go from there.
- While I say embrace who you are, and wear what you like, I don’t recommend wearing a skin tight mini dress to your office job if that might get you fired.
- Positive Affirmations
- I know this may sound cheesy, but trust me it works. Print them out and put them you will see them. Move them around so that they don’t become part of the background. I am also posting a list of websites that have positive affirmations for you to choose from. Here are some that I plan on using them,
I love and approve of myself.
I draw from my inner strength and inner light.
I trust myself.
I am a unique child of this world.
I may be one in 7 billion but I am also one in 7 billion!
I am beautiful and smart and that’s how everyone sees me.
I will let go of all the lies I tell myself.
The past has no power and no hold over me anymore
My life is a joy filled with love, fun and friendship all I need do is stop all criticism, forgive, relax and be open.
I embrace positive self-esteem
- I will be the first one to admit, this is very hard for me. I have a hard time focusing on one thing at a time, let alone clearing my mind.
- Again, start small. Take time to take a few deep breathes to clear your mind a few times a day. It takes just a minute. It will make you feel better and more energized.
- There are a lot of good meditation tapes, books, and websites. I am still stuck on just taking time to breathe. Again, baby steps.
- I am also including links to meditation sites I found below.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
- Sometimes we need others to walk part of our path with us.
- While it is good to get help from others, we also need to learn how to rely on ourselves.
- Don’t be afraid to read books, articles, blogs (especially mine, lol j/k) to get ideas and help.
- Join an e-list to get support from people working on the same issues. Please feel free to use my facebook group for this. The point of this blog is to help each other and ourselves.
Thanks for taking the time to read my blog again. It has become very therapeutic for me, and I really hope it helps others. Please share with anyone you think would enjoy, or might enjoy. Thank you for everyone for your support.
Here are the links I wanted to share.